Sunday, February 13, 2011

back to work

Not for Hudson, but for me! I started work last Tuesday with a half day and then back full time on Wednesday. We found an amazing nanny, Violet, who Hudson loves which has made it easier to leave. In someways I feel that I am a better parent as I am "more present" when I am with him. I think when I was home all the time, I was more likely to be paying attention to a show in the background.


Violet is from Trinidad and does a great job keeping Hudson healthy and happy. He spends time looking and reading books on the floor and playing in his bouncy chair. He also is getting more used to the stroller and going out more. Violet has done a great job this week maintaining the feed/wake/sleep schedule that I worked so hard to develop.

The prayers and support from our family and friends has made this transition easier and I want to thank you for your continued prayers and support. We know going back to work doesn't work for everyone, and I might change my mind in the future, but for now it seems to be working well.  I take the morning shift - leave by 6:30 after Hudson's first feeding and home by 5pm and Dave leaves for work at 8:30 and is home by 7pm for bath time. And coming home to this is pretty great:



Drool baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment