Wednesday, November 3, 2010

pin cushion

So the baby is two days late so far. On recommendation from our midwives, we decided to try acupuncture to 'help things along' naturally. After a quick check that our insurance does in fact cover acupuncture, we decided it couldn't hurt. Or could it? Our good friend Hannah, who is currently going to acupuncture school, recommended her favorite teacher, Patsy. So last night we went to the West Village after work to try it out.

We happened to pass by Murray's Cheese Shop on our way to the appointment and couldn't resist getting some Drunken Goat Cheese from Spain. It is delicious! It was fun to try Murray's out as they give free samples (no worries - all the samples we tried were pasteurized)!

The appointment was really relaxing. The needles weren't painful (they were really thin), it felt more like I had had a pressure point massage after the fact. Patsy was really great and showed Dave pressure points that he should work on and told me to keep my lower extremities warm. Not an easy task since I love going sock-less and it is cold outside!

No labor today yet, but I have been having more contractions which is good. And now I have an excuse for Dave to give me a foot massage every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment